If you are on Instagram, I am sure you heard that the biggest sale of the year, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, went live yesterday. I wanted to share my shopping cart with you, but I also want to hear what you are buying! The early access sale is going on now for Nordstrom card holders, and the sale opens to the public on July 21st. You can still open a Nordstrom Card account before the 21st to shop early access (which you will want to do since popular styles sell out fast!!)
I must say, my fall wardrobe is my favorite wardrobe, so this sale is one of my favorite weeks of the year 🙂 Here is what I am shopping for this year:
1. Anorak: An anorak is such a New England Fall staple. Perfect for the chillier nights, but can also transition into cold days if paired with a scarf. I have been on the hunt for a perfect anorak, and I think I finally found one! There are SO many cute anoraks on sale, but this Madewell one is my favorite. I have been really into military green for the fall/winter. Too many of my coats are black!
2. A Winter Coat: There aren’t a ton of these included in the sale (I have heard the sale is supposed to be geared more towards fall clothes), but I am in desperate need of a new coat! My current coat is about 4 years old, so it is time for a new one. This north face is my top pick, and what I ultimately ended up buying- you really can’t beat the North Face in terms of warmth. Also LOVE this grey North Face!! If you are in the market for a winter coat, I would act quickly since these definitely sell out fast!!
3. Booties: a must have for the fall- and there are SO many great pairs on sale! I really like the perforated suede booties that seem to be trending now. In another post I will elaborate on why I mostly buy shoes from Nordstrom (long story short my feet are two different sizes and Nordstrom splits the pairs for me) so the during the Anniversary sale I like to go a little crazy in the shoe department 🙂 These are my favorite pairs on sale:
Slate These are not part of the Anniversary Sale but they are currently 50% off!
4. Sweaters: There are So many cute sweaters on sale! Like I said, I am so ready to start wearing fall clothes. Of course, in New England sweaters are worn almost daily and I never feel like I have enough.
I love this TopShop oversized cardigan. So cute over jeans and a tee shirt or even over black pants and a blouse for work!
This Hinge Tie front sweater is perfect for a casual date night or even for running errands. I know I will be living in this in the fall.
5. Party Clothes: With so many parties in the fall: a few weddings, our own engagement photos, charity events, work events, etc. I am always in the market for appropriate yet fun clothes (I also try to never buy outfits that I can’t wear in front of my colleagues). I found this Eliza J jumpsuit that I think will be perfect for our engagement pictures or a rehearsal dinner!!
With our wedding coming up next June, I am trying not to spend too much this year, although this sale makes it SO hard.
What is in your shopping cart?!